Ccharacteristics of Radio
- Listener/s: A person or a group of people who form the target audience of
- Broadcaster: a person who presents or announces programmes over radio
for the public.
- Broadcasting: any communication or transmission of any message or signal
to the public through electronic apparatus.
- Tuning into radio: You have to switch on your radio and tune into the station
you want to listen to.
- Live broadcast: It means a programme being broadcast directly without
any pre-recording or the sounds made at the moment of broadcast.
- Pre-recorded programme: The programme recorded on magnetic tape,
phonographic discs or compact disc for broadcasting it later.
- Script : The written copy of the words to be spoken during a radio programme.